I have gotten into a routine of starting my day drinking hot lemon water in the morning. It’s a great way to wake my body up with added benefits. In the midst of making breakfast and packing lunches, a warm drink is the perfect to get my body going.
Hot Lemon Water
Here are a few of the Health Benefits:
- Helps Flush Out Toxins
- Lemon Juice helps flush out toxins & supports liver enzymes.
- Balances pH Levels
- Lemons are very alkaline in the body. It helps neutralize some of the acid in the body that can have negative affects.
- Immune Boost
- Lemons are a great source of antioxidants like Vitamin C, helping to fight off the flu, colds & viruses.
- Re-hydrates the Body
- After a night’s sleep, the body is often dehydrated. The lemon juice helps to restore body salts in the body.
- Aids in Digestion
- Lemons are high in minerals and vitamins that help loosen toxins in the digestive tract.
This is how easy is this…
Use warm filtered water and squeeze in about half a lemon. It’s important to use warm water, not boiling or cold water. Cold water can be a shock to the body in the morning. I drink this before I eat/ drink anything else allowing the lemon water to re-hydrate my body and awaken my digestive tract.