We celebrated St. Patrick’s Day with a Kale & Boston Bib salad served with a vegan potato Au Gratin (fine-tuning:) stay tuned for the recipe). This savory salad is so simple with a lot of flavor. You may want to make a double batch of dressing to use the next day…soooo good;) My mom came over for dinner and was almost licking her plate! Always a complement when Mom enjoys my cooking.
Kale and Boston Bib Salad tossed with Lemon Tahini Dill Dressing, Roasted Chickpeas & a Sunflower Seed Hemp Parm
For the Salad:
- 2 Heads Boston Bib Lettuce, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 Bunch Lacinto Kale, de-stemmed & cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 Cucumber, Diced
- 1 Bell Pepper, Diced
For the Dressing:
- 1/4 Cup Lemon Juice
- 3 Tablespoons Tahini
- 1/2 teaspoon Apple Cider Vinegar
- 3/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1/3 Cup Olive Oil
- 2 Tablespoons Fresh Dill
Blend to together all the ingredients till smooth.
For the Chickpeas:
- 1 Can Chickpeas, Drained and Rinsed
- 1/2 teaspoon Cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon Smoked Paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 Tablespoon Oil (coconut, olive or grapeseed oil)
Toss chickpeas with spices & oil. Bake in a 375 degree oven for 20-30 minutes.
For the Sunflower Hemp Parm:
- 1/2 Cup Sunflower Seeds
- 1/4 Cup Hemp Seeds
- 3 Tablespoons Nutritional Yeast
- 3/4-1 teaspoon Sea Salt
Pulse all ingredients in a blender or food processor till crumbly.
Toss salad ingredients together with the dressing. Top with the roasted chickpeas & Sunflower Hemp Parm.